Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Real or Not? Beadboard wallpaper

More from the guest room! In my guest room there is a ledge that follows under a window, it was pretty bare. I wanted to add beadboard wainscoting to it. In my craft room the prior owners installed beadboard, but not in this room. Easy fix right? Well I made it easier and I added beadboard wallpaper instead and it looks the same as the real stuff at a fraction of the price and work. Here it is before...




These are the tools I used. A sponge to wipe off the excess, seam glue for edges that came up, craft knife for cutting off the excess and a smoothing tool. Also not pictured we used a 28 quart plastic bin to hold the water.
This paintable wallpaper is from Lowe's and cost under $14.oo. The tools above didn't cost more then (minus the craft knife) $7.00.


Here is an up close shot of the wall pretty deceiving huh? I did not paint mine. It's pretty white so that was fine with me. Overall I am happy with it and would use it as an alternative to the real thing.




1 comment: